I haven't met you yet but I wanted you to know that you were prayed for before you were even conceived. Your parents have waited on you longer than most. I wanted to ask you to be patient with them. When my children were born I really NEEDED a manual. I read all kinds of parenting books but every child is different... It mostly comes down to love. Your parents will make mistakes (probably not as many as you think). But know that they love you and the hundreds of thousands of everyday decisions they make are made with love. You will make them crazy, frustrated and occasionally angry but that is only because they love you. You have control over their hearts. A smile can change their entire day. So while you are waiting on them to figure out this parenting thing, just know that they love you and are doing the best they can. Oh, and the timing on figuring out the parenting thing-it is over when they become grandparents. Then they can relax a little and see that the mistakes were minimal and watch you as you work on the parenting thing.
To your parents, I would say: a baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
2 comments:
can't wait to meet them all. especially nolan.
Awww, it is so sweet. I love it!
Post a Comment