Saturday, August 15, 2009
Puckett Reunion
Last weekend we, along with Josh's family, drove to Carrollton, Ga. to attend a family reunion. Scott's dad was one of the 10 children of Scott and Freddie Puckett. All but two have died and of those, one is in a nursing home. Scott & Freddie's grandchildren decided to get together for an occasion other than a funeral. I don't know how many people were there but I counted more than 80 in the photo below and that wasn't everyone. Uncle Owen was there to represent his siblings. He is in the center front with the dark cap. There were lots of food, picking & grinning from a bluegrass band (teenagers), memories and hugs. A number of people wore the reunion t-shirts. It has a family reunion picture that was taken 50 years ago in 1959. I posted it below, too. That is a nine year old Scott on the first row, second from the left.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment