Thursday, May 14, 2009

Symmetry

I have been thinking about symmetry lately. I find comfort in symmetry, balance, patterns. I guess it is just part of my personality. Scott is a people person, I am much more of a people observer. I think I am trying to find the patterns in people's responses and actions. In my working life, the two careers that lasted the longest was a caseworker for Family & Children Services and a computer programmer/analyst. As a caseworker I dealt with chaos every day. It was very stressful for me and I was very happy to leave that job. But with computers, I enjoyed the symmetry and logic of programming and analysis. I love working on puzzles. The process is just as enjoyable for me as finding the solution. I love cross stitching, for every left to right stitch, there is a right to left stitch, symmetry. The wonderful news of doubling the number of our grandchildren this year led me to thinking about patterns. I know you are wondering what patterns are involved (also probably thinking, how weird, but it is who I am).

We have 2 children
Our children will each have 3 children
Trip was born in 2003 (1)
Quinn & Eli in 2005 (2 more after 2 years)
Annabel, Harper and Baby Scoggins in 2009 (3 more after 4 years)
Oh... and I have no problem getting more weird – (in order of their birth) Trip (4 letters), Quinn (5), Elijah (6), Annabel (7), Harper (6), so I guess that means Amy & Chuck should be thinking about a 5 letter name.

My grandchildren – symmetry:



4 comments:

Nicole Puckett said...

This cracks me up because I can see Josh thinking exactly the same kind of things... it will be even more symmetry if it is 3 boys and 3 girls!!!

amy said...

mama... you are crazy!!!! and guess what... if it is a girl, i have a 5 letter name in mind (huh-larious). not sure if chuck is going to go for it, but I am in love with this name (and it's not Piper)!!!!!!!

if it's another boy.... who knows????

Gram said...

I'm glad I decided not to tell you that if the girls are born in June and Baby Scoggins in November, the months of my grandchildren's birth add up to my age. Is the girl's name one that you are willingly to share with Harper?? Nikki dreamed last night that her water broke, poor Harper with no middle name :(

Josh Puckett said...

and yet at the end of the day only 1 SB#1.