Saturday, August 02, 2008
Hailstorm
We have gotten a few storms in the past few weeks, but not the gentle rain that would be the most beneficial. Even at that, they seem to go around us most of the time. We will hear thunder and the wind will start blowing the leaves and then nothing. Today we were getting severe thunderstorm warnings on TV for our county. Finally, it started raining and then the hail. I haven't seen many hailstorms, certainly not this much. Below are some pictures I took. The last one is a hailstone that bounced off the front door (we have a wide porch). It had already started melting but is shown next to a quarter. Sorry it is blurred, I was getting pelted as I was taking the picture.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope there wasn't any damage. I remember hailstorms when I was a little girl. My dad would have us gather the ice and put it in the freezer. Why??? Not sure but I guess it was just the precursor of my parents saving EVERYTHING.
Post a Comment