Friday, May 09, 2008

Rose Anomaly?



Several years ago, Josh and Nikki gave me 2 rose trees for Mother's Day, which I loved. It was when we lived in Grayson. When we moved to NC, I wasn't able to bring them with me since we were going to be living in a rental for a year while our new house was being built. So I bought replacements last year. For those of you not familiar with rose trees, they do not grow in nature but are rose bushes grafted onto a small tree. Mine are Mr. Lincoln which are a deep red (see catalog picture above). All last Spring through Fall, I had beautiful roses. I noticed in the late Fall that there were sprouts coming up near the trunk of both trees, which I assumed were new rose bushes. This week the sprouts started blooming, but they aren't Mr. Lincolns! If anyone understands this anomaly, please explain.

The first picture is of the new pink roses; the second one is the rose tree with a couple of dark red buds at the top and the new pink roses in the bottom center of the picture.

No comments: